Friday, May 25, 2007

Quick call to ICU

Not many changes. There is still some fever, but it seems to be getting better. They are starting to talk about transfering her out of the ICU in a few days. She still needs some surgery and will be there a while yet, even after the transfer. She still has to lie flat, that must be very boring after a while.

The lull is good, I've finally manged to get some work done, which is good, because I'm a freelancer, and if I don't work , I don't get paid. But not running around ealing with this every minute also means there's more time to try an take in the enormity of it, which I really haven't gotten my head around. I've been I've been pretty depressed the past couple of days -- that's just everything catching up to me. I even missed my weekly horseback riding lesson, which is one of my main sources of support. Dut when grief/depression gets so physical, there comes a point where it no longer feels safe to ride... I'm better nw, but I have to take it slow.

5 comments:

Miss Cheeky said...

It is fairly common, when dealing with big stuff like this, to forget to take care of yourself. You spend so much time helping others that helping yourself just slips your mind.

I think it is good that you are thinking about yourself right now - your mood, physical needs, etc. If you are aware of how you are doing, it is much easier to maintain a good course and not get depressed yourself.

Perhaps instead of a ride you could take a nice long walk. That is still some physical activity, but more safe to use your words.

There are lots of people sending love to Chukka, but they are also sending it to you. Sit with that when you need to, that everyone out here is also caring for you and wanting you to heal as well.

I mean this for all of you in the family, not just Eliza.

All of you are strong, brave, and loving people. All of you are being embraced by her community. All of you are cared for very much.

Remember to take care of yourselves as you are looking after Chukka. It is just as important and needed.

xoxo,
Miss Cheeky

ChiaLynn said...

You must all be so exhausted, physically and emotionally. And of course it's no wonder you're depressed. Please take care of yourselves. Take some time off, if you need to, just to wander, physically or mentally. And even if you don't feel you can ride, make sure you're getting some kind of exercise. It's one of the best things for depression.

Please know, too, that when we pray for/think of/send healing light to Chukka, we're also sending those energies to you.

Unknown said...

Eliza, I agree with everyone to take care of yourself--we all get that this is not just about Chukka, it's her whole family.

Meanwhile, I copied the message below from Jimmi on tribe and am posting it here, because I don't know how else to reach you.

"hey- i'min themiddle of a family crisis and have onlypartial access to a seriously malfunctioningcomputer- as you can see.

if anyone is in touch with eliza, crypto'ssister, please tellher i have the same number, but all mysaved3"s are gone- but i can be reachedif she needs me."

P.S. I sent a private msg to your Tribe email. Please read it when you get a chance.

Karine said...

It must be very hard that you (family) are taking in a lot of Chukka's pain right now.

I know that all of your lives will be forever changed, and I just wanted to say "hang in there". This will be a long road for all of you -

You are in all of our thoughts.
((((hug)))

Judy Gex said...

Dear Eliza,

Please take care of yourself! You and your family are doing an amazing job of dealing with everything that has been thrust upon you in such a short amount of time.

I've never met Chukka, only know her from BM Tribe, but I have been following your updates here. I just wanted to let you know that there is much love being channeled to you, your family and Chukka.

{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}
Judy