Saturday, May 26, 2007

Spoke to Chukka on the Phone

I called the ICu today, and the doctor handed the phone over to Chukka. It was a little awkward -- what could I say over the phone -- especially when I wasn't expecting it? I almost started to cry, but I realized that wasn't going to help. So instead I asked her if there was anything she wanted me to say on the blog and she said

"Tell them I'm doing well. I may be out [i.e. coming back] in as little as a couple weeks -- although that's not confirmed. I appreciate the cards and letters and I miss everybody terribly much."

Her voice was a little scratchy, but it was certainly her! She should deinitely be out of the ICU very soon.

Mum writes that a lot of the tubes have been taken out and Chukka has eaten strawberries and a nectarine. Yesterday she asked for Star and Mum has brought Star to her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! I am so glad to hear it.

Shell said...

Thats great to hear.. She is one tough cookie.. I would have choked up myself.. give yourselves plenty of love too.. its being sent for all. Hang in there. Much Love MeShell still lighting candles daily.

ChiaLynn said...

Yay, she has Star back! Please tell her we miss her, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh I was worried about what might have happened to Star, so so Glad she has her stuffy back!


Fishy, we miss you too, teriibly.
Keep the faith, we all are.
love and a big fat WEEEEEE!
Pinemom

TourAbsurd said...

Yay! So wonderful to hear!

Hugs to you all,
SistaWeotch

Unknown said...

I wonder if she would like a squirming squid pasty to eat?

She should get a chuckle out of that one.

BnB said...

Yay!

Unknown said...

one step closer..