Monday, June 18, 2007

On the plane!

Chukka's plane took off from Munich at 3:50 p.m. (Munich time) today. The nurses arrived yesterday to evaluate Chukka, and drove her down by ambulance this morning. I verified with her insurance that the "transfer took place without any problems." This is good, as there were a few snags along the way. Our mother is traveling as a passenger on the same flight.

They will arrive in San Francisco this evening. A friend is picking my mother up directly from the airport. Chukka will be taken by ambulance to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, in the East Bay. I will call an hour or two after I estimate she has arrived, by which time she should be assigned to a ward. I expect they won't want any visitors until tomorrow, and then only family.

I will find out her address as soon as possible.

(To add to the hassles, my computer has crashed, so I am now doing this from the library!)

12 comments:

ChiaLynn said...

Oh! This was much faster than I was expecting! This is wonderful news.

Kirsten, the Purple Koosh said...

That is the best piece of news I could have possibly heard today. YAY!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful. The best news I have heard all week.

Unknown said...

Welcome home crypto!

Unknown said...

Welcome back Crypto!

Unknown said...

tick.. tick.. tick..

waiting!

Unknown said...

beyond the valley of the ultra fantastic!!!!! yeah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such great news!
I'm so glad for you

BnB said...

Oh my... I didn't realize it was happening already!! That's great.

So when do we get to overwhelm her with visitors until she begs to return to Austria? :)

Shell said...

Yeah!! Welcome home Chukka Love MeShell

Anonymous said...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Yeah, she's on tera firma USA!!

Fishy Welcome home hun!
Love you Titwi and Pinemom!

Anonymous said...

SO glad to hear she is back on the US. Hope she is doing well.