Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lonely

Not quite stir crazy, just bored and lonely. I don't start out patient physical therapy until the 17th--that will be 3 weeks without supervision of exercise program. It's something of a struggle to do that daily. I am going on walks at least.
It's hot--really hot. I don't want to stress myself, especially with the new med that puts me at higher risk for dehydration and heat exhaustion. I never did do well in heat.
Part of my problem here is that I didn't take my Celexa last night. I've taken tonight's so I'll be okay tomorrow, at least as far at taht part of the problem is concerned.
I'm sleeping a lot, and that concerns me--it always does. Am I falling into depression? Should I be doing something different? Is this a problem? Am I too passive?
And my phantom limbs seem very activated tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith, Chukka. You're probably entering the most difficult period - the initial attention and fuss are over, the visitors have dispersed, but you're not settled into the new life that the accident created for you. You'll have to take the initiative - whether its rolling around the block once a day or having your craft circle back in the house, even if its only for snacks and a card game. I imagine the People's Republic of Bezerkley must have some recreational or social things you could take advantage of. Don't be too shy to call your friends. They may think you want to be left alone or they don't want to intrude. But everyone needs at least a little noise around the house.
Bin N

Shell said...

I agree.. plus all your friends are playing in the desert.. Its quiet around here.. too quiet.. so make some noise with your art. Try and keep busy.. and I think sleeping is good ..you heal when your sleeping. Like little children grow more when they are sleeping. But I guess you should discuss it with both your med and psych doctors just to be on the safe side.. Hang in there babe.. Send me your address and I can send you a letter or something.. ok? Much Love MeShell