Friday, September 14, 2007

good news and blah, blah, blah

First the Updates:
#I have met the surgeon for my colostomy "take down." (Gosh, it sounds so warlike.) I've taken some of the necessary tests in prep-the blood test, and the ct scan with barium and iodine in my system. Apparently, my colostomy is "unremarkable." On Monday, the barium enema.
#I got a shrinker sock for Puffball on Wednesday. It's rubbing a sore spot, so here's hoping for a thigh callous in the next few days.
#Called yesterday by the wheelchair vendor, my chair has been ordered. Hope for delivery in a couple of weeks.

Now the mood:
Still low. Feeling the limitations again. Taking BART scares me, so many hazards, scarey elevators and the gap between train and platform is perfect for snagging castors--not to mention a subtle reminder of the accident. I'm probably not keeping busy enough, logistics get overwhelming sometimes.

1 comment:

ChiaLynn said...

KK's here and we've been talking about you. (Are your ears burning? Anything else?) Cuz you're, ya know, brave and amazing and strong and stuff. (Are you tired of hearing that yet? I can stop, if so.)

I'm glad to hear some things are improving, even if you're feeling down. I've been thinking about you.

Chia