Thursday, May 17, 2007

Reading Cards

I am sure that Mum and Magda will read the cards again to Chukka as soon as she is ready. And even though Chukka might not have taken in the exact words on each particular cards, I am sure that she has taken in the enormous love and caring that they contain. We tend to think the mind is very important and that until something has gone through the process of thinking, it hasn't been understood. But actually, the body and heart can take in so much before the mind even gets the key in the ignition.

I know in my heart that having your cards there and present means a lot to her, and I know that they have made a difference. I know they are already helping her and that they will continue to help her and to let her feel less alone. I knew from the beginning that having this community there for her was going to be tremednously important, and there is no doubt in my mind you have already made a tremendous contribution.

Another way the message gets through is that Mum and Magdacan read and hear your words and know what you've said. We, her birth family, are so much stronger for knowing how many freinds she has and how much caring there is for her, and that strength and awareness is there when Mum and Magda speak to her. It would be so much harder without you. Your love gives us courage, and our courage gives her strength.

Do remember that this is a slow process and she is on a different time scale. Have faith that your giving and love can persist, it doean't need to get there precisely at eight o'clock sharp. We can send messages around the world instantly, we can check for updates four times a day, but the body and soul still heal the way they have for aeons, at a pace more attuned to the rocks and the trees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very important that the support from out here in the ether is helping your entire family. I'm glad to know that it is, even if in some small way. I really believe inthe power of communal support.

Chukka has been such a constant part of many of our daily lives. I miss her online. And I'm glad that I saw her again in the desert last year. I'm glad that I gave her a really big hug. I just wish I could give her another one now... maybe that last one was big enough to last a while.