Saturday, May 12, 2007

Another Surgery

Chukka had another surgery today, Magda says she is exhausted. She also said that overall Chukka is really focused on immmediate comfort and breathing and getting temp down. It is good she is focused on immediate future and what she can control.

Axel is arranging the purchase of a DVD player for her, paid for by some friends in the US. It will play DVDs, CDs and MP3s, I will put out a call soon. Send to updated address.

Nothing too dark and be careful of sudden surprises, like the Monty Python skit where they start eating someone's mother. So no Monty Python. Simpson would be good.

IN the meantime, Claudia has sent her a Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Dish, and some South Park. Thank you all so much on the German team, and all of you out there. Having you there is such a help and encouragement.

5 comments:

anile said...

Eliza,
Have you thought about setting up something like a paypall account for her. That way we all could send $$$ to you or your Mom, and maybe that would be a more immediate help. I'm not sure how long it takes stuff to gt from the States to Austria.
Just a thought....

Eliza said...

That's a good idea. It may take me a couple days to get my head around it. For small sums it may not matter how we do it, for large sums, it might matter how things are set up. I'm so very tired... If Mony Python wasn't forbidden, I'd say, "My brain hurts!" ;)

Unknown said...

I agree with the Pay Pal idea... when you can get to it. I understand it's pretty easy. Warning to everyone: I saw Spiderman 3 last night and it has a scene in it that no one close to Chukka will want to see. It's a great movie, but for that reason, i recommend staying away from it.

Anonymous said...

PayPal - Do it.

chai guy said...

Fishy,

Just keep swimming! We're rooting for you all the way!

Love,

Chai Guy