Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Home Soon! Work Party!

The hospital has given a tentative discharge date of July 9th, which is a week from Thursday. This is when the insurance company thinks she can be discharged, so of course she's just squeaking by. It's exciting and scary!

Of course, because this all happened in Austria and she's only been back a little while, we haven't had time to get anything ready. The ramp isn't built yet, the house has to be rearranged, etc. So we're calling for your help!

Work Party this Saturday and Sunday, July 14 & 15 starting at 10:00 a.m. We'll need to pack stuff in boxes, move furniture, maybe help with the ramp -- everything we can to make it safe and accessible for Crypto. Beer and pizza!

If you are interested, contact me for the address. You can send me an email at chukkasupport AT gmail.net, or contact me on Tribes as Eliza at http://people.tribe.net/62b6bfc2-9af2-4fd7-a4cd-bf3eedd47b67

The house is located on the Berkeley/Oakland border, near Claremont and College. The closest BART station is Rockridge.

Let other people know!

2 comments:

Kirsten, the Purple Koosh said...

ARGH! I already have two commitments both days. One is a memorial service in Oakland Sunday, so I might at least be able to stop by and say hello to everyone, but I won't be in a position to stay and help. If my arrival would be more hindrance than help, let me know.

Lydie said...

My bf and I saw this on livejournal burningman community site. We live in Oakland and would be glad to lend a hand on Sunday most likely. Just tell us where to show up. Email me at teaxing@hotmail.com