Saturday, July 14, 2007

My progress

Today I learned that I could do wheelchair pushups. I couldn't a week ago. I've learned all sorts of rolling and alternate sit-ups and work on my abs like a 90s exercise drone.
I can't hold the wheelchair pushups for 2 minutes (pressure relief--I need to do it because I'm going to be sitting on my fat ass for a long time), but maybe that will come.
They could be fitting me with a prothesis (temporary) on Monday.
I did ramps today. Kevin is still the best at getting me up them fast, but you have no idea how steep city streets are.

Soon I'll be able to win arm wrestling contests...

4 comments:

Eliza said...

Hooray!! Chukka's on the blog!

Things went well with the house today too. NOw I can relax and start to be happy that Chukka is coming home.

Eliza

Karine said...

I'll arm wrestle you, ANYTIME!
Bring it on!

Anonymous said...

Go fishy go!

So glad to *see* you again.

Anonymous said...

Chukka!! You're online again. You're amazing, diving into the exercises and all with such a great attitude. You're family is amazing, too. I was glad to hear that house prep is going well (I wondered how that piece would go). Hope Sally is adjusting to the new setup okay as well.
I just tried to phone and will try again soon - either at Muir or home, depending on how things go for you this week.
Lots of love,
Don