Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Updated work party info

I've updated this so it's easier for people to get to me if it's cross posted. If you've posted elsewhere, please try and update. Thanks.

Work Party this Saturday and Sunday, July 14 & 15 starting at 10:00 a.m. We'll need to pack stuff in boxes, move furniture, maybe help with the ramp -- everything we can to make it safe and accessible for Crypto. Beer and pizza!

If you are interested, contact me for the address. You can send me an email at chukkasupport@gmail.net, or contact me on Tribes as Eliza at http://people.tribe.net/62b6bfc2-9af2-4fd7-a4cd-bf3eedd47b67

The house is located on the Berkeley/Oakland border, near Claremont and College. The closest BART station is Rockridge.

Chukka continues to do well. She really is amazing. She's been going outside with her PT person and going up the construction ramps they have that aren't even for wheelchair users. When she first gets out she will probably need an attendant 24/7 for a few days, as well as a hospital bed short term. She's up for it though! I think she'll be really really happy to get home.

My Dad has ordered her a laptop with the money that all of friends raised, and I think she will try to set up access so she has it the minute she gets home.

No comments: