Saturday, May 5, 2007

Mum and Magda are there

I have not talked to them. Chukka is still asleep, I guess because she is still on the ventilator, but is slowly starting to wake up. I think that's best really, then they can see her and get over their shock a little before she is awake.

There are no cards allowed in the ICU, Mum will have to find out where exactly they have been sent to and keep them at the hotel. No stuffed animals either! Also, do not send too much to Austria, because it will be hard for Mum to bring home. I expect for as long as sheis in the ICU, Chukka will be very tired and weak and will not have energy even for reading cards. She will also be on a lot of medication for the pain. Chukka will be here quite soon and then we can all send her everything we want.

She is in a very queit, safe place. THe ICU is hard for visitors, because you never go there for something good, but for the patient it is very safe and very quiet. Her spirit and body have been on a very long journey, they must come back slowly. The best thing we can do right now is stay in touch with the quiet place inside and keep her -- and us -- safe there.

Of course it is very hard to do nothing, that is why I am on the blog instead of just resting. But now I will take the day off.

3 comments:

ChiaLynn said...

Thank you all so much for keeping us "in the loop." I can't begin to imagine how difficult this is for all of you. I'll keep you all (and Chukka too) in my prayers and in my thoughts.

Eliza said...

Thanks your comments mean a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

I will focus on that quiet space for you and Fishy.

LeChatNoir